I’m sharing out this tip as I ran into this scenario recently. If you are ever browsing through the GitHub website for files in a repo folder but get the warning “Sorry we had to truncate this directory… files were omitted from the list.” then this post may help.
I was recently browsing the Microsoft Graph .Net SDK repo through the GitHub website looking for the various Message functions. Unfortunately the folder I was browsing has 6,000+ files and only the first 1,000 files are displayed (see highlighted box in following screenshot). The first step in the solution is to click the “Find file” button in the upper right.
On the following screen I typed “message” to filter the results for any files starting with that keyword. Now I found the file I was looking for, “../MessageRequest.cs”.
Looking back this may seem like an intuitive solution but I was stumped at first. Hopefully this will help someone (or myself again) if they run into this.