On March 10th, 2012 the first ever PowerShell Saturday conference took place in Columbus, OH and I couldn’t be happier with the outcome. We had 100 attendees from 10 different states (the biggest surprise to me) come to see 6 speakers present on a variety of PowerShell topics: introduction, WMI, SharePoint, Active Directory, Exchange, 3rd party products and more.
A big thank you also goes out to a number of people.
- Wes Stahler, lead organizer of PowerShell Saturday Columbus, president of Central Ohio PowerShell User Group
- Ed “Microsoft Scripting Guy” Wilson
- Teresa “The Scripting Wife” Wilson
- Ashley McGlone
- Brian T. Jackett (myself)
- Lisa Gardner, fellow Microsoft PFE volunteered her time on a Saturday to assist with smooth operation of the day
- Debbie Carrier, facilities coordinator for the Columbus Microsoft Office and helped us out greatly with the venue
Slides and Script Samples
I presented my session on “PowerShell for the SharePoint 2010 Developer”. Below you can download the slides and script samples.
I wasn’t able to take took many pictures (only 3) as I was busy doing my presentation, answering questions, and taking care of random items throughout the day.
Pictures on Facebook
Pictures on SkyDrive (higher res)
I’m very happy that this first ever PowerShell Saturday was a success. My fellow PFE and speaker Ashley McGlone also has a short write-up on his blog about the event (click here). I have heard rumors that there are other cities starting to plan their own local events. When I hear more details I’ll spread the word here and on Twitter.